Do you know that there are different kinds of mold removal products that you can make use of. Here are some of the products that are proven effective to help you remove all those molds:
- Ammonia, Bleach, vinegar
- Borax, Hydrogen peroxide, detergent
- Tea Tree oil, Baking Soda, Grape fruit seed extra
How could you remove mold with the use of bleach? Removing molds by using bleach is effective when the mold grows in non-porous materials. These include of the glass, tiles, countertops and bathtubs.
And since the bleach will not penetrate on the porous materials, the molds still grow on the surface of a material such as the wood or a dry wall. The best thing to do is to kill the molds using bleach by means of following the steps: (1) measure at least one cup of bleach in one gallon of water, (2) use a piece of cloth or sponge by applying the mix solution or by putting it on the spray bottle. And then, spray it on the surface with molds. And, lastly (3)do not rinse it because the bleach will prevent the mold from growing.
What are the advantages if you make use of borax in removing and killing those molds? There are some advantages in using borax in removing molds:
- Borax is toxic but it will not emit dangerous chemicals or fumes. This is also a cleaning product.
- Borax is used for cleaning toilets and as a deodorizer.
- Mixing borax in a water solution will effectively remove and kill the molds. This can also be used as a fungicide, herbicide and insecticide.
You can make use of vinegar to remove molds. Vinegar is one of those products that help remove and kill molds. This is also proven to be natural and safe. This is a mild acid that could kill and remove at least 82% of molds. It is non-toxic and safe. It is recommended to be used white vinegar available in the market. Here are some steps in using these:
- Put at least 200 ml of white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the surface by growing the molds and leaving them for one hour.
- After an hour, clean the areas by wiping a cloth with water. And then, let the surface get dry.
Ammonia also effective in removing molds in non-porous surfaces. This is also especially true to the tile or glass. One of the advantages it has is that it contains toxic chemicals. Do not attempt to mix ammonia with bleach as the gas is toxic.
Also, the combination or mixture of chlorine and ammonia also serves as a chemical weapon used in the World War II. However, ammonia is a mold remover. This also kills the dead molds and this causes allergies. There are four steps in removing and in killing molds:
- Combine fifty percent of ammonia and fifty percent of water in spray bottle.
- Spray the combine mixture in the areas with molds. And then, put a label of “clear ammonia” on the used ammonia.
- Leave it for few hours and then rinse and wipe it.
Check the label of the detergents if there is ammonia. And then, make sure to add bleach before using.
Services we provide:
Cities We Service: